Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The rainy day

Last Sunday, it was a rainy day.  My brother and I were sitting inside, thinking of what to do.   Then my brother said, “I know what we can do!  We can go and play on the tramp in the rain”.   I said, “ Oh yeah, that would be so much fun”.  So we hopped into our togs and headed to the tramp. It was super duper slippery!  After 15 minutes on the trampoline, I was freezing!  It was time to heat up in the outside bath.  When we took the cover off… ARGH!!! THERE IS A COCKROACH!!!   We swished some water around the bath and then filled it up with hot water and lots of bubbles.  We sat in the bath while it was filling up, with the water getting higher and higher.  The rain was going pitter patter on the wooden platform.  It was so nice to sit in the warm water and have the cold drops of rain falling from the sky.  That was my favourite part.  We put some bright pink, candy-scented bath jelly in the water.  It was so jiggly and slippery.  We had fun playing hairdressers and laughing together.  My fingers and toes went wrinkly like an 80 year old!  By then it was time to go back inside and get out of our togs and into some clothes.   

4 comments:

  1. Hi Iris, Shaye here (Leyton's mum) Well what a cool thing to do on a rainy day. You and Dom have very good imaginations and always seem to come up with fun things to do. Did your parents think you were crazy? I sure am looking forward to reading about your next adventure :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, No my parents didn't think we were crazy at all, they asked us if we really wanted to becuase it was cold but we still went .

      Delete
  2. Yasmin AschebrockMay 18, 2020 at 8:27 AM

    I love this story, Iris! It makes me remember how I used to play in the rain in my swimming togs when I was little. It is lovely to be in a warm bath and feel the cool rain drops at the same time. Your descriptive words really bring your story to life. I think you should add a photo of you and Dominic in the bath tub surrounded by the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.