Pages

Monday, May 11, 2020

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

                               The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

There was once a girl called Dorothy. She lived with her dog called Toto, her Aunt Em, and Uncle Henry.  One day there was a massive cyclone.  It was such a huge storm that it picked up Dorothy and Toto in the house and flew them through the clouds and then the house crashed to the ground squashing  a wicked witch. It had killed  the witch and her feet were sticking out from under the house. Dorothy was scared because she didn’t know where she was, and didn’t know how to get back home to Kansas.  In the book she tries to find her way back home, has adventures, and meets some special friends along the way. She meets a scarecrow who wants to get a brain, a tin woodman who wants to get a heart and a lion who wants to get courage. They help each other on the way to the Emerald City. 

I would highly recommend this book if you like fantasy. It is also a nice book about friendship.

2 comments:

  1. Yasmin AschebrockMay 18, 2020 at 8:09 AM

    I enjoyed having you read this book to me. It is such a good story, with lots of interesting things to think about. It was nice to read the book together before watching the famous movie. There were so many differences between the book and the film. When I was about 8 years old, my neighbour took me to downtown Auckland to see a live performance of The Wizard of Oz. It was so incredible, I have never forgotten it. (Although maybe I remember it so clearly because my neighbour left me at the theatre and then forgot to come back and pick me up when it finished!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that would of been really cool to see a live performance!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.