Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

What is was like sleeping in the playhouse

Yesterday my brother and I slept in the playhouse in the playground! On Friday we bought the supplies and got them all ready. “YAY!”  I shouted out loud.  It was the day that we could sleep in the tree hut.  We gathered our things and started to bring them all over to the hut. This is what we needed (We already had some of the things on the list): 

  1. Two person tent
  2. Lights x 3
  3. Water bottle
  4. Sleeping bags x 2 
  5. Fluffy blankets x 2
  6. Double sized blow up mattress
  7. Pillows x 2
  8. My iPad
  9. My teddies
    10.  Lollies
                     
We put all the things on the list in the tree house.  The first thing we had to put in was the tent.  It was not hard to do because the week before we actually tried putting the tent in, so that we knew it would fit.  After that, we blew up the air mattress.  I put in the bedding so that when were ready to sleep in it, it would be nice and warm. The third thing we did was put our pillows and teddies on the bed.  Next were my iPad and the lights. After we had dinner, we got into our pjs, brushed our teeth and walked over to the tree hut. When we got over there, my mum took some photos and then she and Dad went back to the house.  My brother and I were left alone in the tent. We got there at around 8.45pm.  The first thing Dom and I did was get into the blankets and turn my iPad on.  We were playing games on it and watching some videos (by the way there was no internet so we were not watching YouTube).  We ate some lollies and kept on watching videos and playing games.  By 10.00 pm we got too tired so we went to sleep.  We both woke up at 2.00 am because we were super cold, but we figured out why.  We swapped sleeping bags and I took the fluffy blanket.  We got straight back to sleep again and we woke up at 7.50 am and stayed in there till 8.30 am.  Then we both wanted to go outside and say good morning to our parents. “Good morning Mum and Dad”, we said.  “How are you this morning?”  They said, “Good”, and then we had a little bit of a chat about what it was like in the tree hut. Then it was time for breakfast and later on we packed up. So that was what our experience.  We had so much fun and we are definitely going to do it again! 



4 comments:

  1. Yasmin AschebrockMay 18, 2020 at 8:04 AM

    I enjoyed reading about your experience of sleeping out in the playhouse. I was very impressed with how you and Dominic planned and organised everything that you needed, and how you worked together so well. I got the impression that there was lots of laughter. It's so great so see how much you enjoy each other's company. You are becoming more and more independent all the time. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mum, yes I love having Dom with me!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to have the tent inside your Play House and up off the ground. Just as well you had those extra blankets handy. Night sounds are so much clearer and louder when you are outside. Did you recognise any of the creatures by their calls? Your descriptions are so vivid we felt as though we could have been there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats looks really fun Iris. You must have had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.