Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The sleepout

When the lockdown is over, my brother, Dom and I are going to make the playhouse in the playground into a sleepout that you can sleep in. The first thing we will need to do is put carpet into it, then put a tent inside it (which was my brother's idea).  We will put up two tents - one underneath the playhouse and one inside it.  The one at the top will be for sleeping in and the other one will be for supplies (like food!). After that, we will organise some lights and put them in the tent.  Normally, for a tent, you have to put pegs in the ground.  Instead, we are going to tie ropes to the corner posts. The next thing we will get is a double sized blow up mattress.  Then Dom and I will put some blankets in it because it will be cold at night, especially since it is in the bush a little bit.  Next, we will need an air pump, because to pump up the mattress you will need air.  Dom has made a little mini-cooker so we are going to roast some marshmallows and cook some sausages.  The second-to-last thing will be a chilly bin for the water, and last but not least - my camera.  I’m super excited!  I can’t wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yasmin AschebrockMay 8, 2020 at 8:41 AM

    I think your sleepout will be so much fun! I'm pretty sure we already have what you need to set it up this weekend. You could always add to it later, if you need to. I love how well you and Dominic play together and how you always seem to come up with fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris. It sounds like you and Dom have a great plan for your sleepout. You may find yourselves designing and building 'Tiny Houses' who knows. I can't wait to see your photos of your sleep out. Have fun with this project.
    Na Mrs Stevenson.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.