Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Why I love where I live

I love my house because it is right by the beach and we have an amazing garden.  What I love about the garden is that we have our own playground we can play in. It has swings, a trampoline, a skate ramp that my dad made, and a really fun slide. I love doing front flips on the tramp, and when it is wet my brother and I put soap on it so that it is slippery and it's like a water slide but on a trampoline.  Another thing that I love about my house it that we have two hammocks on the deck that are super comfortable. We also have an outside bath in the garden.  Down the back of our property we have a motorbike track that we can ride our dirtbikes on.  It has some jumps that are fun to go over.  We grow fruit and vegetables in our garden like guavas, blackberries, blueberries, lemons, ice cream beans, bananas, lettuce, radish, kale, lemon balm, kumara and many other delicious things.  My mum always tries to get me to help in the garden, but I only like to plant seeds in the vege garden.  Radishes are my favourite, as well as peas.  I like eating chives and spring onion tops straight from the garden.


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you love where you live. It is awesome that you love the garden so much. I always wanted it to be a place where you would love to play and explore and forage for yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Iris. I love your garden too. It made me think about how I liked to eat guavas when I was young and that my next fruit tree purchase might just have to be a guava tree. Do you like guava jelly? Mmmm it is so yummy on warm scones.
    Na Mrs Stevenson

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.